Preparing For the Wedding!
Next Saturday, September 19, I’ll be officiating at the wedding of my nephew Andrew and his beautiful bride-to-be Angely. Of course, this final week before the wedding is filled with a fury of preparations on the part of the couple and their families. As with most weddings, there have been months and months of preparation. A venue has been contracted, food chosen, invitations sent out, table arrangements made, and the list goes on. I, for one, don’t envy those who are involved in making sure that all the final details are in place!
For my part, I’m working to make sure the ceremony is in order, my pastoral message is finalized, and that I’m prepared to do all that is required of me to help the couple have a beautiful and meaningful wedding. And I’m praying each day for Andrew and Angely that they would have not just a beautiful wedding but a beautiful and God-honoring marriage.
All of this makes me think about the most incredible and beautiful wedding of all that any of us will ever experience. No, I’m not referring to my own wedding—although it was pretty incredible! I’m thinking of the wedding that is called in the Bible, the “wedding supper of the Lamb.”
The Apostle John wrote in the book of Revelation, “Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come, and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear.” (Revelation 19:7-8 - NIV) And, “Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” (vs. 9)
One day, all of God’s people will be joined together as a bride is joined with her groom as we enter into the presence of our Savior, Jesus Christ. On that day, a great celebration will take place. It will in fact, be the most beautiful wedding of all.In the meantime, however, we must prepare ourselves for that day. Christ has done his part make us ready through all that he accomplished for us through his life, death, and resurrection. But now is our time to make ourselves ready. Today is our opportunity to make sure that we will be that “radiant bride without stain or wrinkle or any other blemish, but holy and blameless” for which he longs and for whom he is coming. (Ephesians 5:27)
I hope and pray you are looking forward with expectation to that day as you prepare yourself or the most incredible and beautiful wedding of all.
“…as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.” (Isaiah 62:5)
Have a great day!
Pastor Tim Harris

.jpeg)
Comments
Post a Comment