After the Birthday!
However, that was this past week. Now a week later, the messages, cards, gifts, etc. have ceased. At this point, I’m simply living my life as a 67 year old, going about all the normal routines of life, just one year older. Do I feel any different? (We’re always asked, how does it fell to be ____ years old?). Of course, not. The day after turning 67 I felt l just as I did the day before. After all, in the end, one day simply flows into the next, one week into the next, one year into the next. It’s usually not until we look back over time that we begin to see and feel the effects of time, age, and all the birthdays that have come along.
The good thing about birthdays, however, is, if we are wise, they cause us to ask ourselves, am I living my life day to day, week after week, and year to year as I ought? Are my days, weeks, and years adding up to a life well-lived? Is my life honoring God, bringing blessing to others, and achieving the purposes for which I know I am here on this earth?
I am hoping and praying, with the help of the Holy Spirit, I will be able to live this next year as God would have me live it. The time I have (and that you have) is a gift from God. Each year is a blessing from his hand. Thus, I want to be wise in how I use this time given to me by him.
May the same be true for you, as well.
Have a great day!
- Pastor Tim Harris


Comments
Post a Comment