Supply Chain Problems!

This past summer, Kim and I needed to purchase a new electric dryer. Thus, I did my research regarding brands, features, and prices. And, I picked out what I thought would be the best dryer for us within our price range. When I went into the store and spoke to the salesman, however, it quickly became obvious that much of my research was useless since the dryer I had picked out was not available and would not be available for a very long time. In fact, my options were quickly limited, all due to problems with the supply chain. 

As I am sure you already know, here in the US, as well as around the world, there have been significant supply chain problems that have affected the goods and services we are able to obtain. From construction projects to the automobile industry to the food that makes it to our supermarket shelves, glitches  and bottlenecks in the supply chain have slowed down the flow of parts needed for manufacturing, the delivery of goods and services to our homes, and what it is we can actually purchase when we walk into a store. Much of this is a spillover effect from the COVID-19 pandemic that led to world-wide shutdowns in just about every part of the workforce and at just about every level of business.  Thus today, at least for the time-being, we are forced to deal with the ongoing effect of these supply chain problems. 

As I was thinking about all of this, the scripture came to my mind that says, “And my God will supply every need of yours according to his riches in glory in Christ Jesus.” (Philippians 4:19 – ESV)  That is, with God there is no supply chain problem!  That’s why the Psalmist says, “The Lord is my Shepherd, I lack nothing.” (Psalm 23:1 – NIV)  The flow of God’s love, grace, and provision into our lives is never hindered. He has no supply chain problems!  

But, there’s also another thought from the scriptures that must be considered: Not only does God meet our needs, but he often supplies the needs of others through us. That is, he makes us part of his supply chain. The Apostle Paul put it this way: “And God is able to bless you abundantly, so that in all things at all times, having all that you need, you will abound in every good work…You will be enriched in every way so that you can be generous on every occasion, and through us your generosity will result in thanksgiving to God.” (2 Corinthians 9:8, 11 – NIV) 

I want to encourage you today with these two thoughts: (1) We serve a God who is able to meet all of our needs, for his supply flows out of his “riches in glory!”; (2) That which God places into our hands is often part of his supply chain to meet the needs of others. 

He is Jehovah Jireh, the Lord who provides!  


Have a great day! 

- Pastor Tim Harris 

Comments