The Wedding Day Is Almost Here!

In just a couple of days my daughter Joanna will be getting married. I can’t believe that day is just about here; it’s a day that I’ve anticipated from the time of her birth with both a bit of excitement and trepidation. You see, when I was told our third baby was a girl, I immediately thought of how one day I would have to walk her down an aisle and hand her off to another man to love her and take care of her for the rest of her life. And now, that day is just about here. I am sure it’s going to be a beautiful day. More than that, I know that Joanna is going to be a beautiful bride! 

For me, there is always something incredibly special about the moment a groom first sees his bride in her wedding dress as she makes her way down the aisle towards him. As a pastor, I’ve been privileged to officiate dozens of weddings. At each one, I’m always filled with a bit of emotion as I see the look on the face of the groom when he sees his bride making her way towards him. In fact, I remember, like it was yesterday, seeing Kim being walked down the aisle by her dad towards me. I was struck by her beauty and couldn’t help but have a few tears roll down my cheek. I know Joanna’s groom, Dan, is going to feel very much the same when he first catches a glimpse of Joanna in her wedding gown and realizes the very special gift he is receiving.  

It's always a beautiful moment!

The Bible reveals to us that there is an incredible wedding day coming for the people of God. It’s the day when the bride of Christ, the Church, is united with Jesus its bridegroom forever. It’s a day for which God has been planning and for which the Church has been preparing. For, we read in the book of Revelation “Let us rejoice and be glad and give him glory! For the wedding of the Lamb has come and his bride has made herself ready. Fine linen, bright and clean, was given her to wear…Blessed are those who are invited to the wedding supper of the Lamb!” (Revelation 19:7-9 – NIV) 

What a great day that’s going to be! What at wonderful wedding! And guess what? It’s just about here! So, let’s be sure to do our part to be prepared. And most of all, let’s understand how much God really does love us for, like a bridegroom looking forward to spending his life with his beautiful bride, God is longing to spend eternity with us. 



“…as a bridegroom rejoices over his bride, so will your God rejoice over you.” (Isaiah 62:5) 

Have a great day! 

Pastor Tim Harris 

Comments