My Final Sunday at PIF

This coming Sunday will be my final Sunday with Promise International Fellowship (PIF).  This will be my last opportunity to address the congregation as their pastor.  It will be a day of goodbyes and hugs—and even some tears.  In my mind I’ll be reminiscing about all the good things that have taken place over these past four years. I’ll be thinking about the many good people I will miss.  I’ll be thinking about the journey we’ve taken together as reflect upon all I’ve learned and all that God has done in my life through this very special congregation.

Four years ago, when I was wondering whether or not God would ever open up a new door of ministry for me, he opened up a very unexpected door by bringing me to PIF. It was a wonderful surprise from God. Although it has not always been easy, through this congregation, God re-energized me for ministry. I was given the opportunity to minister to a congregation that is made up of men and women who for the most part, are much younger than me; many of whom are the ages of my own children. I’ve had the opportunity to minister overseas and see the work of missions done in a whole new way. I was involved in church plant efforts firsthand for the first time.

At PIF I saw creativity being used within the church in a whole new way.  At PIF I experienced firsthand the struggles that our younger generation is facing—and learned how to allow them to bring those struggles to their pastor without fear of condemnation. I’ve been exposed to the struggles that the children of immigrants face as they live their lives caught between two cultures; as they try to separate out what is culture and what is faith.  I know I’ve developed a new sensitivity to people when I stand in the pulpit to preach. In fact, my preaching and pulpit ministry will never be the same for they have been greatly affected by my time with PIF. 

As I leave PIF this Sunday to step through the new door of ministry that I believe God has opened for me, I leave grateful for having had the opportunity to serve as pastor of PIF. Mostly however, I’m grateful for the wonderful people with whom I’ve been able to serve and grow. 

To all those at PIF I say with all my heart:

“How can we thank God enough for you in return for all the joy we have in the presence of our God because of you?”  (1 Thessalonians 3:9 – NIV)

“We ought always to thank God for you, brothers, and rightly so, because your faith is growing more and more, and the love every one of you has for each other is increasing.” (2 Thessalonians 1:3 – NIV)

PIF, you will always have a piece of my heart!  

Have a great day!

Pastor Tim Harris


Comments

  1. Thank you Pastor Tim! We will miss you so much!!! Thank you for everything you've done the past 4 years for PIF. I'm glad to call you my Pastor. God bless you and I know God will be with you wherever you go.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment